Monday 15 July 2013

Who are you?

Who are you? Are you who you think you are, or are you the person society says you are? What really defines a person? I used to have a clear idea of who I was, I thought of myself as mature for my age but preferred to hide that from my friends. I liked them to think I was witty and outgoing and just crazy but which of these are me?

Does your name and place define you? Or is society what makes you? You see I have a friend that says she says all that bravado she has is all pretend that on the inside she's just as insecure as the next person. But... is that really true? I'm sure at some point the two will end up becoming part of you, that in the end you are both... but then that just gets confusing as that that would mean that you would be contradicting yourself all the time leading you to be bipolar as you switch form one to the other.

Then there's what you do in situations, you could make yourself seem like the good guy but have the wrong reasons and then ou could seem like the bad guy even though to you it was what you thought was best. Take a 'criminal', say they stole money from the bank to help give their children a good life. Would you say that person was good or bad? And would your opinion really matter? Would the 'criminal's' opinion count?

I have no answer to this and am no where near finding it out and quite frankly writing just writing 3 and a bt paragraphs I have a head ache.So, what defines a person?

No comments:

Post a Comment